The value your editor brings
An editor is the buffer between your writing and your readers. As your editor I will help ensure your writing is remembered for all the right reasons – for the fire, not the smoke.
There are two ways we can achieve that:
How it all Works
- When I receive your email or contact form I’ll get in touch to discuss your requirements.
- I’ll ask you to send me a short sample of your text so we can be sure this is the right service for you.
- Once we’ve agreed the details of our work together we’ll fix a schedule for when I can dive right into your novel and get started.
- I will work in Word, using the Tracked Changes and Comments features to record any amendments or suggestions I make. You have complete visibility and control.
What you Will Receive
- When my work is complete I’ll return your novel to you, in three distinct formats:
- Full View – with all the Tracked Changes and Comments visible. This can sometimes look very busy, so you’ll also receive a …
- Comments Only View – with the Tracked Changes implemented, and just the Comments visible, for ease of reading and use. Finally, you’ll also receive a …
- Finished View – with all Tracked Changes implemented and Comments removed, to give you an instant view of how the proposed amendments could look.
- While working I create a Style Sheet, and I’ll send this to you along with your annotated novel. The Style Sheet is a simple Word reference document where I record the most important editorial style decisions I’ve made during my work for you.
- In the month that follows my return of the documents you have the opportunity to raise any queries with me about the work I have completed in one follow-up email.
If you’re interested to see exactly what’s on offer you can request a free 500-word sample edit or proofread to get a feel for the sort of amendments I may suggest.
Contact me now to discuss your requirements
Image © Dim Dimich: Shutterstock